Friday, February 20, 2009

Bow Legged Baby


Today Jack had his doctor's appointment. We found a new doctor at the same clinic who is a billion times better then the first doctor we went to there. Her name is Dr. Steiner and she was amazing! She looks around my age but was super knowledgeable and smart, and got along wonderfully with Jack. Her nurse was amazing, too. She gave Jack his immunizations and was the fastest nurse I've ever seen! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! All done! She should enter an immunization contest.

Jack is 31 pounds, 9 ounces. I thought for sure he weighed more then that. He scored 90th percentile in weight and was off the charts in height. The doc says he is proportionate and a good sturdy boy. She was impressed that he can say 11 words, and he even said "Oh no!" and "Door" for her. So far these are the words he can say: Mama, Dada, Pippa, Dog, Ball, Door, Oh No!, No, Yes, Truck, & Yeah.

In regards to his hitting, she gave me a few hints on proper disciplining to try out. Then Jack went over to her and slapped her. I just about died. She was a good sport and gave him a chat. You could tell he understood because he frowned and looked really sorry. Then again, he probably was tricking her to make her think he was sorry but really wasn't. That boy has more moves then Elvis.

As many of you have read, I've been so worried about my baby's big feet. The doctor checked them out and assured me there was nothing to worry about. She said most babies have feet that grow wider instead of longer for a few years and have large insteps. She said it was natural and she doesn't know why shoe companies don't make shoes that fit the majority of toddlers. She said for now he can just go bare foot and for me to not worry another second about his big feet. You know what they say about a boy and big feet.... he has to have big shoes!

The only thing she is concerned about is his right leg. Ever since he started walking, he's always been bow legged. His left leg has straightened up, but the right one is very curvy. She has referred me to a pediatric orthopedic surgeon and Jack will be meeting with him next week. She said not to worry for now as it could be nothing. So, I'll let you know how that goes next week.

On our way out, I was at the check out desk. When I had finished, I turned around and everyone was looking at Jack and laughing. Apparently, he took off his four Band-Aids from the shots and was quietly placing them on the floor while looking at me to make sure I didn't catch him taking them off. When I looked at him, I said, "JACK! What are you doing!?" and he made an "O" with his mouth and hid the Band-Aids from me (more like picked them up and threw them hoping I wouldn't notice). So cute!


4 comments:

  1. Was this doctor of around your same age attractive & single? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you guys even make doctor appointments fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great appt. and perfect time to teach Jack to say please. It's a win win, he learns to get everything he wants and you get to see him so cute saying the "magic" word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They must not have been pirate band-aides, you do know that Elvis is really his grandfather right?

    ReplyDelete