Monday, February 23, 2009

Big Trouble in Little Bend

My friend, Antoinette, has gone out of town for a week, so she asked us if we would kitty sit for her. Of course our answer was yes, as we absolutely adore her cat, Soldier! I just picked him up this morning and already he's made our house his castle. Jack is having so much fun following him and pointing at him saying, "Dog! Dog! No! No! Dog! No! Dog!" I'm not sure if he is saying "Mother dearest, that animal is not a dog. What is it?" or if he's saying, "You there, Dog! Stop walking away from me! I want to grab your tail!" Either way, those two boys have become fast friends and are getting along wonderfully.

Antoinette joined the army on Friday, and she will be leaving for 5 months of training in June. So, we have agreed to take her kitty in while she is off in North Carolina for training. It will be good practice for Jack so one day he can have his own kitty cat. Poor Soldier, I shouldn't refer to him as the "practice pet".

I spoke to Desert Orthopedics this morning, and Jack has an appointment on March 9th for his legs. They have numerous doctors but the only pediatric doctor in their office is out of town until then, so it looks like we have a little wait. Ugh, I hate waiting. And then, I barely could hear the girl on the phone because Jack was screaming "Dog" the entire time in my ear.

Soldier just got himself behind the dryer. I have to go retrieve the practice pet now. This is why I can't have more children. I can barely keep track of my toddler and a cat. Grumble...

4 comments:

  1. Just home after my get away in Pt. Richmond, my answer to all situations is to eat more cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soldier is adjusting. Cats love to stay in small places, and will venture out as they begin to feel that they know the surrounding. Unless he's causing trouble behind the dryer, let him be. I bet it's warm, dark and cozy .. all the kitty favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Jack is saying he misses his big sister (dog).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Soldier, My mom reminded me that my biological father was pigeon toed, and Papa Jay is bowlegged, back then they didn't do much for babies like that, now they can correct it. Give Jack huge hugs and kissed from Grandma B.!

    ReplyDelete