
Today Aunt Jessica and I took Jack to the library. Why is that his favorite place? Because he loves to pull the books off the shelves and scream at random people in the quiet area. It's ok though because everyone thought he was so cute.
After that, we went for a walk. Jack loves downtown because his screams echo throughout the streets. So of course, he had to scream non-stop. A very nice homeless man encouraged Jack's happy noises, probably because it's the first time he's met someone who can out-scream him.
But none of that compared to the fun we had at the Goodwill, one of my favorite places to shop! Jack had a ball pulling clothes off the rack. This woman who was 33 years old (you'll figure out how I knew her age) came up to me and here was our conversation (edited out the boring parts):
Lady: "Oh he's so cute! How old is he? 9 months? 10 months?"
Me: "Umm, no, he's 18 months."
Lady: "Oh my gosh! I didn't realize that. I remember when mine was that age."
Me: "Oh? How old is your son now?"
Lady: "18."
Me: "WHOE! Really? You look amazing!"
Lady: "I had him when I was 15. You're a young mother, too... 16?"
Yeah, she thought I was a teenage mother, God bess her.
Me: "No, I'm 26."
Lady: "OH!"
Needless to say, I did not ask her for the winning loto numbers. Guessing games are not her forte.
After the Goodwill we took our friend, Antoinette to work followed by a trip to Cost Plus World Market and Trader Joes. Luckily Aunt Jessica was there to entertain Jack. He was very grouchy after 5 hours of shopping. I was, too. I even took a nap after today's extravaganzas.
All parents please note the following: Children screaming in public is equal to fingernails on a chalkboard while driving a stake into my eye socket! Please don't let your children stab me in the brain with their screams!
ReplyDeleteMy question is not how she could have guessed your age at 16. That's a legitimate guess, but Jack at 9 or 10 mos???? He's wearing a size 3 for crying out loud! And he is totally adorable, Mr.X. Screams and all.
ReplyDeleteG.G.
I know I'll catch heat for this, but maybe finding children's screams to be adorable is one of those strange side effects of pregnancy? ;)
ReplyDeleteYou are absolutely beautiful so young looking but definitely do not carry yourself like a 16 or 17 year old, and Jack looks 10.......
ReplyDelete