
Jack getting ready to take his mama to The Pancake House
Yesterday was an awesome Valentine's Day! The boys took me to the Pancake House which is my favorite breakfast joint (not to be confused with IHOP, two totally different places!). Afterwards, we went to Old Navy and bought Jack a ball with monsters on it and some new clothes for when he gets bigger. That place has the best prices in the sales department! We got him a St. Patrick's Day shirt for $5! And his new ball was on sale for $2! The boys also bought me a shirt for $5. Even the Goodwill is more expensive then that!
We all exchanged gifts when we got home. We got Kevin a bottle of tequila and a bottle of rum. We don't ever have hard alcohol in the house so we thought it would be a nice treat for him. We also got him an iTunes giftcard and a corny stuffed animal. Kevin and I bought Jack a book called "You're Never Too Small To Love". His card was my favorite though. It's a pirate Valentine's Day card. I mean, seriously, how perfect is that? The boys got me my new shirt from Old Navy and some Bare Essentials makeup. Oooooh I love that stuff!

When I went to work last night, I found out they laid off several people. When I looked at the schedule for this coming week, I only have 5.5 hours. As I looked at my co-workers schedules, they too had their hours cut drastically, some not even on the schedule. The one time I have a babysitter and can work any hours is the one time they don't have the funds to work me. Thankfully, Kevin's job seems to be a bit more secure. He received employee of the month last week and got a nice little bonus. Still, one can never be too sure in this economy.
Luckily the Ebay business is bringing in a little extra cash flow. I've had some good luck with buying items at the Goodwill and reselling them for a profit. And my tax return was nice and fat so we payed off a bunch of bills and got the cars serviced and the truck registered (yeah, that's been past due for a while). Part of me doesn't want to marry Kevin because I get an additional $1500 for being a "single" parent!
Below are some pictures of Jack's latest art. Hope you enjoy them!
This is the two paintings he did for Aunt Jessica and my mom for Valentine's Day. The blue one on the left is entitled "Oh No!" which is for my mama. The green one on the right is entitled "Door" for Aunt Jessica.

Jack's masterpiece on the chalkboard.

Gorgeous paintings Jack, Chrissi hang in there, I know that times are rough but you guys have eachother and that is the most important thing in the world, and Jack, he is worth not working, at least you get to spend quality time with him in his formative years. Glad you had a great V-Day, I finally got a camera! Yay!!
ReplyDeleteI heart door! Thanks, Cakes!
ReplyDelete