Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Lucky Day!



Wow, this blog is going to be long. I've been writing it for several days and every time I have a random Jack moment, I blog it down. So, sit back, relax, grab a cup of coffee (unless you're my friend Summer, then grab a cup of hot chocolate), and enjoy!

Update on the bed: Jack is loving his new freedom of being able to get out of bed and play with his toys in the morning while I sleep. The first night he got out of bed, ran to our room holding his big blue bunny, and decided to be monkey in the middle. He woke up twice last night crying so we brought him into our room again. I'm not sure if maybe he's rolling off his bed or what the problem is. I might sleep on his floor tonight so I can see what all the baby commotion is about. Other then that, he's doing well taking naps in it and going to bed at night. Getting him to stay there all night is the tricky part.

Jack learned a new word... Yay! He now can say "door", which will be the title of his latest painting he did for Aunt Jessica. Her walls are quite bare, and we felt they could use a toddler's touch. She will be receiving her gift on Valentine's Day, as well as my mom will receive the painting Jack did for her that is titled "NO!". We used a different kind of paint and canvas then the ones we did for Lisa and my dad. I'm not sure if I like it as much. It's easier to paint with, but much harder to clean up and it doesn't look quite the same. You'll see next week what I mean. Anyway, back to the "door" story (wow, I'm turning into my Grandma. I try to tell you the story about Jack's word "door" and I end up telling an entirely different story instead!"

Jack loves to close doors. We open all them so he can run around the house and shut them. I'm not sure why he enjoys it so much, but if it makes him happy, I'm happy. Except when he closes his fingers in the door, then I'm secretly happy on the inside because he runs to me crying and wants to be cuddled. Anyway, I was trying to use the bathroom the other night and since I didn't shut the door all of the way, Jack swung it wide open... Ah, mommy in all her glory! I hope he won't be traumatized when he's older. I'm naked a lot. Anyway, I said, "Jack! Shut the door!" and he said, "DOOR! DOOR!" and shut it. Now he knows how to say door. What an adorable boy.

I also have another funny story about someone mistaking me for a teenager. Twice in one week! Thank you Olay Moisturizer!

Ok, so I'm downsizing as many of you read before. I sold a ton of stuff on craigslist. Well, a woman shows up to pick up one of the items I sold her. The moment she steps out of her car, I recognize her as my co-worker's mom. He's 16 and a bag boy at my store and she picks him up every night he works. So, I go out to her car to greet her and say:

Me: "Hi! Oh my gosh! You're Austin's mom!"
The Mom: "Hi! Do you go to school with my son?"

O...M...G... She thinks I am in high school! So she may think I'm older then 16, but not over 18... I'll take it!

I explain to her that I work at Albertson's and we realize she didn't recognize me because I didn't have any makeup on. Both times I was mistaken for a teen I was not wearing makeup. So, the natural look makes me look younger? Hmmm, I'll have to experiment more with this thought. Although I prefer my face caked on with makeup, perhaps there's something to say for the natural look.

Ok, enough about me being full of myself. Back to the boy. Jack had a playdate at Laura's last week. Pippa is so adorable. I brought over McDonald's french fries for the kids. She kept calling them "chips" though (her mum is from England). I absolutley loved it! Shortly afterwards, she needed her nap, so it was just the boys and the moms. Aside from Jack throwing the Pepsi can at their couch, and screaming because he thinks it's hilarious (and I do too!), he was a pretty good guy. He didn't hit anyone which was a big thing! I put Will's hood up on him, which irritated Jack a whole bunch (see picture below) so he kept trying to pull it off of Will. Then, every time he tried, Will would go in for a "cuddle", which is the Reese word for hug. Jack isn't much for hugs, so he would push Will away. Then he'd go back to Will and the cycle would start all over.




3 comments:

  1. He is absolutely the cutest baby in the world, look how he holds that football!! Perfect quarterback stance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally digging Will's skeleton shirt! Do they make one in my size?
    As for screaming Jack, no, Chrissy, it isn't hilarious, I believe it is defined as torture and that is banned by the Geneva Convention! Please don't let Jack get tried for war crimes! Please, stop the children from screaming! I think my head might explode! ;)

    Also, I think you should replace that football with a hockey stick, isn't Jack about ready to strap on some ice skates?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to get "door"! This is going to be just like Trading Spaces, thanks to my interior decorator Cakes. Does he do window treatments and lay carpet, too?

    ReplyDelete