So, I get Jack in the bath and clean him up. That boy loves to eat bubbles and soap. It's quite the task just trying to keep him from eating the suds. Afterwards, I get him out and attempt to dry him off. I don't know why I bother. He doesn't want the towel or to be dry. He's a busy boy and doesn't have time for such nonsense.
Afterwards, I get Jack and everything else loaded in the car. We head over to Kevin's work to bring him lunch and say hello. Jack was very angry that he was strapped into his car seat, so he shimmied his arm out of one strap. Doh! How's he do that?
Instead of running errands, I've decided that I'll wait until Kevin gets home so he can watch Jack and I can go to Target alone. Until then, I'm cleaning the house. Yippy!
In other news, Lisa & Jay are unable to come visit this weekend. Looks like they are the newest victims of identity theft. Although, when Lisa originally called me yesterday, I thought for sure someone had died. She left me a voicemail that started out like this:
Lisa: Hi Chrissy, it's Lisa (long pause)... Umm (long pause)... We can't come see you and Jack this week (deep breath... long pause).....
Ok, so anytime someone has ever called me and it takes them 15 or 20 seconds to talk after stating who it is, someone has always been dead. I felt absolutely sick to my stomach until she started to tell me what had happened to her (not that I'm happy she had her identity stolen, but I was relieved no one had died). Whoever got her information, knows everything there is to know about her. They had the answers to her secret questions for her banking information, her social, mothers maiden name, everything. She told me that her sister had googled her e-mail address to find the link to her blog, and instead, Lisa's entire life was there for anyone to access (along with some poor chap from Texas). I googled it myself, and there it was, anything and everything I ever wanted to know about Lisa was there. So, now she has no access to her credit cards, bank account, etc. Can't really buy gas and get a hotel with good looks (well, probably Lisa could, but I doubt Jay would like that). Until she gets everything sorted out, they won't be able to come visit Jack.
So, as sad as Jack and I are that they won't be here, Kevin is even sadder. See, whenever Lisa comes to visit, I get into this strange massive cleaning mode. Like, I clean things that she would never even see like under the dishwasher and the underside of the bathroom cabinet. It takes me an entire week to get the house to where I want it to be (I started on Sunday with my insaneness, in fact). She's the only mother-in-law figure I'll ever have, so somewhere deep in my subconscious, I've made her out to be one of those scary and mean mother-in-laws, which, if you've ever met Lisa, you'd know she is one of the nicest people you'd ever meet (unless you piss her off, then yes, she's the scariest person you will ever meet. Which I pissed her off once, and it was the single scariest moment of my life.) So, now Kevin is totally bummed that the house won't be immaculate. He even told me last night, "Can't you just pretend she's coming to visit this weekend?" Poor guy.
One last thing before I go; My friend, Tabitha, is running a marathon and all of the donations from her sponsors will go straight to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Her step father has it and so she's trying to raise money. If you are interested in sponsoring her, here is the link: http://www.firstgiving.com/tabithaluke1
Pretty sure that Lisa is coming to visit me next, will you come clean my house too? :)
ReplyDeleteYou are so damn funny, I love you, sorry if I ever scared you, sometimes I scare myself too if that makes you feel better. I miss my babyJack so much, I almost said F it and jumped in the car Friday, but I couldn't figure out how to get gas, rent a room etc. Cash only puts you in the serious slums!
ReplyDelete