Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Relocating...


Well, we have just been served paperwork from Wells Fargo that our landlord hasn't paid the mortgage since August 2008, so they are foreclosing on the house! I called Wells Fargo today and the lawyer told me we have 10 days from the auction date to be out, which won't be until June 1st. The paperwork they gave us had a bunch of 30-day stuff on it, so I thought we had only 30 days to move. I asked her if I send Wells Fargo the rent money, but she said no and told me I needed to contact my landlord. So, I called my landlord and e-mailed him about it. Funny, I e-mailed him last month about some maintenance issues and still haven't heard from him. Has he disappeared? Unfortunately, we are still obligated to pay rent to the guy even though he's been pocketing the cash. So, Kevin and I are working hard at finding a new place to move to. I just sent our landlord our 30-day notice. Even though we are getting screwed, I don't want to do anything that will end up in small claims. There are tons of rentals here, so I'm not worried about finding a place. I just really liked this home and I felt like it was a good place to raise Jack. I hate moving. It makes me so sad every time I do. I wish we could just buy a house and have our own home. Sadly, that won't happen for a very, very long time.

Ok, I'm done with my pity party. At least it's not our fault that we are getting kicked out. Who knows, maybe some rich old lady in Alameda will die and leave me all of her money.

5 comments:

  1. Oh man.. that really sucks. Sounds like your landlord is a LOSER if he never even gave any indication of what was surely to come. JERK! And just what was he doing with your rent money?? That makes me mad for you. I hope you find an even BETTER place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man.. that really sucks. Sounds like your landlord is a LOSER if he never even gave any indication of what was surely to come. JERK! And just what was he doing with your rent money?? That makes me mad for you. I hope you find an even BETTER place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BAH HUM BUG! Moving isn't fun. How can you prevent this from happening again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so awful and so unfair. Everything happens for a reason, though sometimes you have to wait to find out what the reason was. Maybe you'll find the perfect little house with a lease option to buy.

    G.G.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHY ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE TO PAY THAT ASS RENT?! I don't get it, I am so sorry that sucks? I would find out why your have to pay rent when technically the bank owns the property now, I think that is illegal for him to still collect from you, ask someone! Don't give him any money until you find out! What the hell is wrong with this world today!

    ReplyDelete