Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Holiday Shopping....


Today Jack and I decided we were going to get our Christmas shopping done today. I know it's a bit early, but I was in the mood to go to Target. So, we pack up our crackers and milk and off we went.

We get to Target at 9:30am. I have my list of 5 kids to shop for: Jack, Pip, Will, and Kevin's niece and nephew, Willow and Aaron. All 5 kids are under three, so I figure this is going to be easy. W-R-O-N-G! So not easy, people! First off, I would like to say that my mother is amazing. How she had three children, worked full-time, Christmas shopped for 20 + people, and wrapped all of the presents is a miracle. I only had to shop for 5 people and I cried.

Ok, so I hit the toy isle. Can you believe it took me FOUR hours to find everything? The present I wanted to get Pippa was no good as Laura called and informed me she already had it. Doh! So much for the most awesome Word World present ever! And sweet Will, what do I get him? Those two angels have everything, and I didn't want to just get them more toys. So, I got a little creative. Of course, I can't tell you what I got them as that would ruin the surprise.

Next, I start shopping for Aaron and Willow. They just got a new play kitchen so we wanted to get them some accessories for it. There were so many choices, how could I decide? I called Kevin, like 5 times about it while I was there, and he just kept saying, "just pick something!" He ended up coming to Target on his lunch to help me as I was having a nervous breakdown and started to cry.

Then there is my sweet angel pie, Jack. Besides the totally rad tent, what else do I get the boy who has everything? I got him bubble bath. That was the only thing I bought for him today. Bubble bath. What kind of Christmas is that? I am so sad. When Kevin gets off work, he's going to entertain Jack so I can go to Walmart (eek!) and try to find him a few little stocking stuffers. Would it be weird if I just wrote him a check and put it in his savings account for his Christmas gift? Don't answer that, I already know the answer.

After Target, we get in the Jeep (heart!) and I had a coupon for a free coffee from Maui Wowwie. We hit the road and the gas light goes on. Me, being cheaper then most conservatives, has to drive everywhere to find the cheapest gas. $2.17... I rock. After that, we drive and drive looking for this coffee place. I find Mocha Joes, Mocha Madness, Coffee hut here, coffee hut there... Finally I find Maui Wowwie. So, I get my free coffee and I head over to Albertsons to go grocery shopping, but someone in the back seat fell asleep. So instead, we are home. Jack napping, me trying to find my sanity somewhere. I think I left it at Target.



4 comments:

  1. really, don't worry too much about quantity for jack. stuff a stocking full of wrapping paper and it will be the best gift EVER! save it for the future years when they really begin to care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He really is an angel pie - just look at that face. I love his little vest - and what is that I see on his feet????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack is so young it really wont matter, I think the check is a great idea and he will want to play with the boxes more than anything, don't worry, with all the love he has on the sidelines, he will have plenty to open on christmas, just don't put any presents under the tree until christmas morning and it will be like magic to him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suggest for X-mas you sign him up for the military. It's the ultimate gift that will keep on giving as he will learn valuable skills that will last him a lifetime! ;)

    ReplyDelete