
By the end of the day, Jack was so over Juneau.
Once we arrived in Juneua, we take a bus into town and my mom bought tickets for us to go see the glaciers. We wait 20 minutes for the bus to arrive. Then the bus arrives, and instead of letting us on, they let a bunch of other people on first. Then we are told we have to wait for the next bus, despite us being first in the line. So my mom got really pissed off, oh yes, not just mad or angry, full on pissed, and got us a refund for our tickets and bought new tickets as she refused for us to have to wait another 30 minutes for the next bus. So, we wait 20 minutes for the other bus, are first in line to get on, and the same damn thing happens! My mom starts to freak out on the bus driver's assistant because we are being treated horribly, when all of a sudden, an Asian man behind us gets even madder then my mother (can you imagine?) and starts tearing the guy a new one! The busdriver comes out and says he has room for 6 more people, so my mama, Jack and I hop on. The Asian dude though (I refer to him as this because he litterally came all the way from Asia to see Alaska with 11 family members and they were being treated crappy. If he was from New York, I would refer to him as the New Yorker. So don't get all PC on me, please) then just gets on the bus with his 11 family members and start telling people to squeeze in because they are riding that bus! It was a lot of drama, but it was very entertaining drama.
Finally the bus driver just doesn't care so we are off to the glaciers at a roaring speed of 90 miles per hour! I didn't know busses could go that fast! We get there about 15 minutes later, which makes me think it would have been quicker and easier to have just taken a taxi. Anyway, we arrive and the glaciers are gorgeous. I put up a lot (and I mean a lot!) of pictures from this port, so I'll give you little guides under each picture of what is going on.
After the glaciers, we take the bus back to town and go shopping. My mom says we should take a different bus back to the ship. I say, "Mother, I can see the ship from here. We can just walk!". So, we do. What I didn't realize is we have to go up a hill, a very steep and long, curvy hill, to get to the ship. And it was a MILE long! Can you believe it? I thought I was going to die. Luckily we made it, and I went straight to the buffet and then bed, as did my short stack and mother.

Caught in the act! Jack likes to unvelcro his shoes, come over to one of us, and say, "Uh oh!" and point down to them as if he wasn't the one who just unvelcroed them. Salmon the size of dogs. Seriously.

















Gorgeous. I want to go. Looks like Jack had a wonderful time! :-)
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of you smiling away while Jack screams. That's the best!
ReplyDeleteYou and your Mom are troupers!
ReplyDelete