Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Smile & Say Cheese! Skagway, Alaska: Days 5, 6, & 7




On day 5 of our cruise, we landed in Skagway, Alaska. My mom wanted to take the train on this massive tour around mountains and nature stuff, but because it was a 3 hour train ride, I thought it best for Jack and I not to go and to instead, explore the little town of Skagway. In a lot of ways it reminded me of Virginia City... minus the whole being haunted part. It was nothing but shops, but I didn't mind because Jack fell asleep in his stroller so I got to get my exercise and walk around for several hours shopping.

On day 6 we landed in Canada but it was only or a few hours as the ship had to touch foreign soil. Please don't ask me why because it's a long winded explanation and really, it's boring. So we stayed on the ship and ate at the buffet! Day 7 we landed back at Seattle. My mom said, "Look! You can see the Space Needle! Alright, I'm done, lets go home." I felt the same as I'm just a country mouse and big cities really aren't for me, so we drove home. When we arrived back home, Jack ran inside and it was like he was having shaken baby syndrome when he saw Kevin! I've never seen that boy so happy before! So, the boys reunited and I got to spend the next several hours on facebook. What a great vacation!





Jack holding his new bear toy next to a big bear.



The workers let us cross the "Do Not Cross" line to take this picture.









1 comment:

  1. I loved that cruise! Wasn't it amazing! I'm so glad you guys got to do that with your Mamma!

    ReplyDelete