Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Updates All Around!


Us heading out to Kevin's company charity event called Ghost Tree.

Jess and my mom came over to help me pick out my outfit, makeup, hair, earrings... everything!


Me and my Babycakes.

Well, things have finally calmed down here at the Reese/Barnum household. The cruise was amazing, as you can tell from the three latest blogs, and my mom has gone back to Hawaii after her 7 weeks of fun here in Oregon. I keep begging her to move here, but she said she doesn't "do winter", and Bend is kinda known for its winters. So, I'm hoping she visits for Christmas or in January despite the cold weather. I'm back on schedule with watching the two kids, James and Gadge. This week I have each of them for 4 days a piece. I'm thinking about dropping Gadge. 5am is really early to be watching him and he's kind of a big whiner, which really irritates me when he cries for no reason. However, I do get paid well with him and he sleeps 6 of the 9 hours he is here, so we'll see. I want to sign Jack up for winter SoccerTots but Gadge's schedule would mess that up, so maybe I'll tell his mom I can only watch him on certain days. I don't know, my head hurts thinking about it.

Lately we've been real busy with the yard. Kevin is really into landscaping so we bought a weed whacker/edger and he's been making the grass look amazing. On Sunday I sat there and picked every toadstool in the yard, and weeded everything. It's still not at the point where he would like it, but it gets all of us outside and some exercise with the gardening.

Last Saturday my mom and sister met up with Nick, Pip, and Will at the pool. They were so nice to invite Jack along. I couldn't go because I was babysitting, so they came over and picked Jack up. He swam for 3 hours and apparently went down the big slide about 80 thousand times. No exaggeration from what I understand! After that they all went to a smoothie place. Jack drank an entire PB&J smoothie, and helped everyone else drink theirs as well. By the time they brought him home, it was around 4pm. Jack was way overdue on his nap, and he looked pretty exhausted. Still, he had a fantastic time!

That night my mom came over and watched Jack so Kevin and I could go to the annual Pronghorn Golf Course Ghost Tree charity event his work puts on. Last year we got all dressed up but this year we were feeling a little adventurous and toned it down. We were pretty casual compared to everyone that was there (like, hundreds of people). We'll have to get Kevin a Tommy Bahama shirt so he'll fit in next year. Dear lord, do old rich men own nothing else? Anyway, it's this big charity event where all the rich people of Oregon go to and it's catered by all the fancy resteraunts in Bend. Last year they didn't have one vegetarian option. Kevin complained on my behalf and this year there were multiple vegetarian options and the deserts were AMAZING! It was all you can eat & drink. I should have brought my big purse or something to bring home some of the food. Tickets go for $250/person, but of course we were free. I got hugged by some drunk people and even hit on with Kevin standing next to me. Have you seen Kevin? Yeah, drunk old men aren't very smart. Ew. It was a really fun time though and I look forward to going next year.



Pappy bought Jack glowsticks. Jack + glowsticks in the dark + Kevin with the camera = HOURS of entertainment for the boys.

Jack's new favorite hiding spot is in the bathroom cabinet.




Tutu bought Jack a remote control truck to go with his collection of remote control cars/motorcycles that he loves! This thing goes over dirt, grass, chalk! It's so awesome! My mom says it's more of a "Kevin" gift then a Jack gift. Kevin does love his remote control toys!

2 comments:

  1. It makes me so sad that my fellow child-hater is now a nanny. So, so sad. :(

    As for Tommy Bahama, all the guys in the club I worked for wore those shirts, a polo shirt is like $70 (no lie). Pretty sure buying one makes you a lame tool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but did you look in the mirror, I am sure you were the hottest woman there, you looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete