
After months of growing Jack's hair out, we decided to finally cut it. I won't lie, I almost cried. I loved his long hair. It always smelled so good, and was as soft as can be! But Kevin needed his hair cut, so we figured we'd do Jack's hair, too. Those boys love to be twins! Jack was really mad that we did it, and I promised him we wouldn't do it again until he was ready. Poor baby, I hate it when he cries.
BEFORE:
AFTER:

I also forgot to mention that this past week while we were with Aunt Jessica, we saw the Best in Show Dog Parade downtown. Jack loved seeing all of the dogs. My favorite was a Prince Charles Spaniel. We made eye contact and I knew we were meant for each other. It was a lot of fun to see all of the fancy breeds that we rarely get to see elsewhere. Because of that, it inspired us to go to the Humane Society to look at pets. The moment I walked into the dog section, I basically turned around and walked out. We are not getting a rescue dog. I'm no beauty queen, but those were some ugly and smelly dogs. Jack loves the cats more, anyway. The dogs make him pretty nervous. We spent at least an hour looking at cats. They let you take them out of their cages and into a big room to play with them. We tried out three different cats, but none of them seemed to be "the one". There was one cat Jack really wanted to take in there, an 18 pound orange cat, but it was under observation until the 15th. I promised Jack we would go back on the 15th to see him though. He loved looking in each of the cages (which were more like glass condos) and talking to the cats. He would meow at them, and then point at which ones he wanted to look at. It was so sweet. Kevin, on the other hand, blew up like a blow fish from all of the cat hair. He says he'll be fine with one cat, but that many cats just set his allergies off. Yeah, yeah, he says that now. I'm still not feeling like we are ready to commit to a cat, but I was outnumbered 2 to 1. Those darn boys always stick together!




It will be great for Jack (and Kevin) to have a pet, cat or dog. Jack is totally adorable long hair, short hair, no hair. Makes no difference.
ReplyDeleteI would cry too if my hair was cut, but Jack it surely will grow back cuter than ever.
ReplyDeleteAs a Super Villain, I find the idea of making children cry most appealing ... just except that the noise ... it makes me want to cry too!
ReplyDeleteAww.....he still looks handsome......I love his little goldie locks too though because he looks like such a big boy with short hair......Poor Kevin, tell him to take some Benedryl next time!
ReplyDelete