Sunday, August 9, 2009

Vroom Vroom Vroom!

The boys get bacon and eggs after a long day of mowing, edging, and weeding the yard on Saturday.

We had a wonderful family weekend this week! On Saturday we took Jack downtown to the used toy shop. It is amazing! Everything in there is like, practically new! The guy that owns the shop was telling us his wife goes to garage sales every weekend with a truck and brings back stuff that she pays nickels for, and then they resell it for just a few bucks. What a brilliant idea! The store has everything from toys to clothes, to cribs, and everything in between. It is all VERY nice stuff, no cheap crappy items. We bought ourselves a Darth Vadar Mr. Potato Head for $2.50, and Jack a remote control Disney Lightning McQueen car for $7.99 (brand new it would have been $27.99). The range from the car to the remote wasn't the best, so Kevin opened it up, added a few wires and made some adjustments, and now it can have a very far range! He's so smart with technology. On Saturday our dishwasher broke and he took it out of the wall and fixed it! Then he fixed Jack's cow flashlight that he loves that wasn't working (it's batteryless and you have to pump it to charge it and the pump stopped working). I don't know how he does it but that man is so good with technologies! We found tons more toys we wanted to buy, but we decided that Jack has plenty of toys coming in for his birthday already, so we should wait until after the big day.

Today we had Gadge over. Do you know how early 5:30am is to babysit? Really early. I got up at 4:30am to tighty up the house and once he got here, he was all energy until about 9am where we both took a nap. Thank goodness Kevin was home all day to entertain Jack. I don't know how on earth I'm going to handle tomorrow with three boys. I'm going to go to bed super early tonight. Sigh... Anyway, after my nap, I helped Kevin wash the Jeep and his motorcycle. Jack loves Kevin's motorcycle. He sees it and says, VROOM! VROOM! VROOM! Oh, and when we were washing the Jeep, he looked at the letters on the back (JEEP) and said, "U.E.E.O." See, Jack only knows his vowels and the letter W, so he will tell you when he sees a vowel, and then makes up letters for the consonants. So cute at 2, not so much when he's 5. Lets just hope we get this letter thing down sooner rather then later.

Monday and Tuesday I have the three boys, and then Wednesday is the last day of Story Time at the library until September. Thursday I get my hair cut and my eyebrows waxed (Kevin thought there was a raccoon on my face, and then he realized it was my eyebrows). Followed by Friday driving to Seattle for the cruise! I can not wait for the cruise! I am really going to miss Kevin though. I feel so bad leaving him home. On the plus side, he has a new video game coming in on the 13th, so I don't have to put up with that and he doesn't have to put up with me nagging him. =)




4 comments:

  1. I'll miss you when you're on my dream vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll miss you when you're on my dream vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's ok Jess. I wasn't even invited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kevin amazes me.....have a blast on your cruise!

    ReplyDelete