
My mom has headed down to California for two weeks so she can spend some time with my Grandma (92 years old and is so much radder then anyone else I know.). Nick, Laura, and the offspring went up to Portland for a few days for a nice family vacation, and Jess is in Reno for her best friend's wedding. So, it's been really quiet for me not having play dates at Laura's or gossiping with Jess, or even gossiping with my own mama!
So today I am off to Jessica's house to take care of her devil dog. Afterwards I'll run some errands and come home to my hungry boys who will be looking at me with their big eyes wondering where their lunch is. After that, I don't have any other plans. Kevin did a great job on doing the yard work all day yesterday, so we can cross that off of our things-to-do-list.
Ok, so yesterday we had a crazy lightning and thunder storm. The power went out for a while, so we drove out to McDonald's to get dinner, however, they were out of power. We drove around for 30 minutes and the whole city had no power! By the time we got home, the power had just came back on, so we were saved and didn't have to call FEMA for me. I'm a bit dramatic, I know, but I was so hungry and the only non-perishable food we have is olives and canned fruit!
Thank goodness we stayed inside for most of the storm. Lightning struck outside our house scaring the hell out of all of us. I've never seen lightning strike anything before, and it was amazing. Of course, I screamed like a little girl, but Kevin and Jack thought it was the coolest thing they'd ever seen! I was in Jack's room and Kevin and Jack were in the living room. All of the blinds were open so we could watch the rain. All of sudden, a large yellow flash struck and the loudest bang I ever heard. I thought of a few things as this happened in a fraction of a second:
1. We are being invaded by aliens. I always think that though.
2. I just got hit by lightning and my life is going to flash before my eyes. Waiting for it.. waiting for it...
3. Lightning struck outside.
So, it happen to be number three. We could smell the tree outside burning, but we couldn't see a fire or any damage. I don't know, it was weird. But it definitely smelled afterwards.
So, that's my exciting story how aliens almost invaded earth. Now for some cute pictures of Jack, care of my friend, Claudia!



Chrissi, you are so hilarious! Lighting, silly girl, you know it was the aliens..........shhh
ReplyDeleteThat is so scary when it hits so close that you can smell it! Do you think that Jack is going to keep getting cuter and cuter? If so, I think that something has to be done!
ReplyDeleteWe prefer the term "angel brindle pop".
ReplyDelete