Sunday, June 14, 2009

Kihra's Birthday Extravaganza!



On Saturday Jack went to his friend Kihra's birthday party who turned 1 years old. Her mom, Sam, is the other graphic designer at Gusto! who works with Kevin. Kihra is an absolute doll! She's so petite and beautiful, and I was also really impressed that she could walk already! The party was held in Sun River at her grandparent's house. This place was amazing! It's this huge house (mini mansion almost!) that is on a golf course (14th hole to be exact!). I just kept praying that Jack wouldn't break anything as I'm sure just one of their vases cost more then everything I own combined.

Kihra is half Filipino so her Grandma made a wide variety of Filipino food. Most of it had meat so I hit the fruit plate pretty hard. But man did the pork smell good! Jack had fruit and eggrolls. Afterwards Kihra opened her gifts where she got tons of gorgeous dresses! Every other minute I was oooohing and ahhhhing at them. Kevin just cringed every time something pink and frilly came out because I was squeeling like a school girl over everything! After presents they brought out the ice cream cake which Jack and I both consumed in seconds. There is just something about a Baskin Robins ice cream cake that makes me melt!

Jack had a really good time. Besides Kihra there was another little girl there named Maddy who was also 1 that he got to play with. Even though the girls were smaller then him, he was very careful when he played with them. I think he's starting to understand that he has to be gentle with people. Oh, there were two dogs there. I don't know what kind they were; they kind of looked like large Scotty dogs. Jack really did not like them, as they kept licking his face. Oh well, he got over it.

Here are a few pics from the shindig. Enjoy!




The drive to Sun River.


The birthday girl, Kihra!






6 comments:

  1. How fun! I love Raley's ice cream cakes, half the price and just as good! You should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS...use your cell phone timer so you quit burning your cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks like a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Just eat the pork, you'll like it - I mean, really, the pig is already dead and tasty, so it's not like you're being mean to it. It's life was kind of pointless if you don't at least have a few bites.

    2. A birthday party for a 1 year old?! Seriously?! I bet she wouldn't feel neglected if you saved the time/money and gave her a box to sit in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa - I have a microwave timer and my cell phone timer and I always forget to set both of them!

    Cole - HEY! I threw a party for Jack's 1st birthday! Wait til you have kids... oh wait! YOU CAN'T!

    ReplyDelete
  6. and darn proud of it! :D Do you remember your first b-day and how much it meant to you? how exciting it was and all the presents you got? The cake, ice cream, people singing, etc! Wasn't it great? Yeah, I can't remember mine either.

    ReplyDelete