Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Why They Invented the Kitchen Timer

Me giving Jack some sugar kisses!

This morning I was craving some yellow cake cupcakes, which happens to be one of 3 things I know how to bake. So Jack and I whipped up a batch of batter and baked our first batch. Now, the first batch came out perfectly: moist, yellow, delicious! The second batch, well, here's what happened- I had just put them in the oven when my phone rang and it was my sister. I got to chatting it up with her and after about an hour I remembered I had cupcakes in the oven! When I pulled them out, they were ruined! Luckily it was only a couple that had gone to waste. Below you can see the good batch vs. the burned batch.
In other tot news, Jack is napping (see pic below!). He dozed off on his couch after lunch allowing me to be able to catch up on blogging. I still haven't blogged about about the Oreo cupcakes Laura made, but I hope to have that one up tomorrow. Yeah, they were so amazing I am dedicating a blog to it.


5 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes are looking quite dilectable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you like a timer for your birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissy, dear ... from the sidebar I see you are giving up soda .. good for you! But remember -- Kool-Aid is what I used to PERMANENTLY dye the yarn for your shopping bag! In fact, in Denmark you cannot by Kool-Aid for human consumption .. only to use for fiber dyeing. Perhaps juice is the better choice? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those just look like chocolate cupcakes to me, I would have never known!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have the same luscious hair color.

    ReplyDelete