Well, soccer practice didn't go as well today as it did last week, but it was still better then the first week when he went around hitting everyone. He was really tired when we got there so he wasn't really up for playing. He just wanted to relax and hang out, so we did that a lot. The only thing he did that mommy frowned upon was try to pop the other kid's balloons. See, they bring out balloons for the kids to hit with their heads and kick with their feet. Jack picked one up and it popped. Scared him for a second, and then he thought it was hilarious and was chasing the other kids so he could pop their balloons. Of course the other parents just said how adorable he was. I was like, really? I'd be super annoyed if some kid came up to mine and tried to pop Jack's balloon. Maybe they were just being nice. Anyway, by the end there were a lot of tears shed, so we packed up our things and headed out. There's going to be a different coach next week who the kids got to meet this week. Her name is Olivia and Jack is in love with her. She would smile and talk to him, and he'd just blush and bat his eyes at her. That boy is going to be trouble!
Since swim lessons start next week, I wanted Jack to try on his swim trunks to make sure they still fit (which yes, they do!). Then Jack wanted to keep them on and practice his "baby yoga" positions. Later on I put him back in his clothes. He went into our closet and threw on a pair of my running shorts. I shouldn't really call them that because we all know the last time I ever ran was at the mall heading to a sale. But that's what he wanted to wear... oh, and he had on mismatched shoes. Whatever makes him happy.


Now, I must tell you about Laura's infamous cupcakes! Martha Stewart just came out with a new book called Cupcakes. Oh this book, my friend, this book is something special. The other day she made Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes. The bottom is an Oreo, and the cake part is cream cheese, sugar, and smooshed Oreos. Here are a few pictures of Jack eating one. Trust me, they are a lot prettier in person when a toddler isn't inhaling one. Anyway, she made us a batch and we ate them in 2 days. They were wonderful! We were at her house on Monday for the kids to have a play date and she showed me the book. I can't be sure, but I think it glowed and I heard angels singing when I opened it. So, moral of the story: go to Costco and buy the book on sale for $15.99, or move to Bend and beg Laura to make them for you. Me? I just beg Laura.


It's great that you are taking Jack to soccer and swimming. How else will he learn how to behave in a group of children? He's not even 2 years old yet! I'll bet he's the youngest one there, isn't he? Anyhow Chrissy, you're doing a great job and I love reading your blog!
ReplyDeleteThank God you are taking him to swimming lessons so someday he can save his Grandma Beautiful who swims like a rock!
ReplyDeleteI was compelled to look at every single page of the cupcake book. Like all 400 and something. It was a sight to behold.
ReplyDelete