Friday, December 11, 2009

Warning: Fireplaces & Toddlers Do NOT Mix!

CHEESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


For some reason I have a tendancy to set things in the house on fire. Granted it is always by accident, but somehow there is an oven/stove/microwave/etc. on fire at least once a month. Well lately I've been really really careful not to set anything on fire and I was so proud of myself! Unfortunatly, the Fire Gods were displeased with this, so they put Jack up to a little mischief!

My super fabulous and gorgeous friend Summer (who's son is also named Jack so you know she has fantastic taste) sent my Jack these really cool plastic building toys for his Christmas. I opened it early to check it out and Jack saw me do it so he wanted to play with them immediatly. I figured there was no harm in letting him see them and then on Christmas he can reopen it.

Well, after Jack was done playing, he came to the kitchen to let me know so I could help him clean up. We collected the pieces and put them back in the box. Later that night, I decided to watch Stargate and have a nice fire going in the fireplace. We have this wonderful gas fireplace so it's just a flick of switch and instant fire!

After about 2 hours of having the fire going, I smelled something burning. I called Kevin over and we searched all over the house for the burning smell. Finally Kevin open the vents to the fire place (where he got to burn his fingers off in the process) and inside Jack had slipped through the slats two of his pieces to his new toy! Below are picture of the fireplace and the before and after photos of his toys. Needless to say, the fireplace is out of commision until we get the hardware fixed.




Above is what they should look like...

Below is what they do look like (luckily we only lost two!):



And now for some cute pictures that have nothing to do with anything!





4 comments:

  1. Oh Jack, That is dangerous ! He is quite an artist though! I love the sculptures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pictures that have nothing to do w/ anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack is just like his mother. I love the smooches picture too. Definitely one to frame. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I ruined your fire place!!! I am so sorry!

    Wow, I really like your hair color...Sorry distracted by shiny things!

    Well, maybe he can have his toy when he's like, five!

    ReplyDelete