Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Holiday Madness!

Well, Christmas is just days away! The house is decorated, the presents are wrapped, and the holiday ham has been bought! Tomorrow evening we are having a big family dinner at Nick and Laura's consisting of pizza. Not traditional Christmas food, but we're lazy and like pizza. My mom has been in town for a few weeks and will be here through January and I've been having a blast with her! After our family pizza tomorrow, we'll take Jack to see the Christmas lights which he absolutely loves seeing. He says "oooooh! TREE!!!!" when he sees them. So cute!

As you can see from above, Jack is quite the special one. That is a 26 pound box of Christmas gifts from the Lynch family. Jack spends a lot of time laying on top of the box. I thought for sure Grandma Lisa just FedExed herself here to spend Christmas with Jack, but she assures me that she is not in the box.

I received the Kitchenaid Artisan Mixer for my birthday! Chocolate chip cookies were made, but I saved half the dough and have been eating it raw or several days. I don't feel so good! I had a doctor's appointment on Monday and weighed in at 127 pounds. Allow me to out this into perspective for you: Pre-Jack I was 102 pounds. 9 months pregnant with Jack I was 133 pounds. The days he was born I dropped to 122 pounds. So in two years I've gained 25 pounds! Not good. My doctor says I really need to exercise so I signed up for a running class with Laura and some friends of hers. Hopefully I can drop down to a healthier weight. Right now I'm wearing my jeans unbuttoned and wearing long shirts to cover that.

Speaking of weight gain, Mac the cat is growing nicely. He spends his day staring into the fish tank, biting my toes, eating, and mostly sleeping. He's been an absolute joy to have and we love him so much!


Here is some banana bread I made that rocked!

3 comments:

  1. Exercise, exercise, exercise! Just ask Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right baby, exercise, exercise, exercise, and eat right of course, once you get where you want to be, you can eat quite a bit more!

    ReplyDelete