Saturday, January 30, 2010

SoccerTots Week 3!



Jack had his third practice with SoccerTots today. Since I had my running class at the same time as Jack's soccer practice, the boys dropped me off first and then headed off to soccer. Kevin gave Jack an A++ for good behavior. He said Jack listened to Coach Chris, followed directions, and when he was feeling overwhelmed, he took himself out of the arena to sit and calm down. Jack has been fighting a nasty cold so I'm sure he was exhausted and not feeling his best, but he gave it all he had and did really well. I'm so proud of my little tot. I hate seeing him grow up, but I also love it at the same time.

Today was my first day of running class. There are about 80 of us in the class, and I have Laura, my sister-in-law, and our friend Valerie in the class. I decided to start out with the walker group which is the old lady group. I am not athletic and I can't even run a mile, so I think it's important to start off slow. I bought my new walking/running shoes this week, bundled up in several layers since it had snowed, and showed up at 9am with my fellow walkers/runners. The organizers of the group started us off with a clinic which they will do each week which teaches us important things about running and walking properly like posture, where our hands and arms go, proper attire, etc. I found it to be really useful and when I did what they told and showed us, I found I was able to go much longer then I normally can. Although we are broken up in groups, you can go at your own pace, so after spending a while power walking around Drake Park (for all you Reno people, it's just like Virginia Lake) with my group, I decided to try running. I broke it off in run for a minute, walk for 3 minutes, run a minute, and so forth. By the time I was done, I was sweating and smelled awful and I hate sweating and smelling awful. But when I got back to the Foot Zone where we all meet up, my sweet boy Jack was waiting there for me cheering me on. It's amazing how much inspiration and motivation I get just from Jack. He is like my own personal life coach.

Once I got home, I was exhausted and slept for hours. For the rest of the day, I just relaxed. My feet and legs were sore and I had a monster migraine from the cold. Jack kept me company part of the time. I woke up at one point spooning the cat, and another with ice cream in my hair. Oh being a mother. I wouldn't trade it for anything.







Me after running!



Jack "hiding" so he doesn't have to go to bed.



One of Jack's fish. He's trippled in size over the past year!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, Chrissy! The exercise will do wonders for you! And for Jack! What does Kevin do for exercise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! The first day is the hardest I am so proud of you! Great Job, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete