Saturday, January 23, 2010

For My Mary - Chugga Chugga CHOO CHOO!


For Christmas, Santa Clause bought Jack a brand new train set by toy maker Melissa and Doug. It's wooden and comes with a large track, trains, and many other accessories. We were finding it was hard for Jack to use it on the carpet because it was a very unstable surface, but it was too large for his kiddy table and the dining room table is something we use all the time.

I spent a few weeks looking for the perfect one. Originally we were going to get him one from Target, but it was kinda crappy looking and prices started at $85. Kevin then wanted to make Jack a table (which he is an awesome furniture maker!) but the price for the wood and stuff was about the same as if we bought one brand new.

Since all the stores were too pricey and making one was just as expensive, I was off to my favorite little craigslist.com site to find him a train table. Most of them were really ugly and I was confident they were so old they were painted with lead paint and had termites. Then one early morning, a new posting popped up for a table! I e-mailed the guy right away and I was the first one to contact him (within minutes of him posting it, actually!) and we were off to Sisters, OR to pick up Jack's new train table for just $40! It seriously is in fantastic like-new condition and Jack is a nut for it. Plus, it makes a nice table for my morning coffee while I'm reading the news.

Since getting his new train set, Jack plays with it daily. His friend Sam and James love it, too. Jack can now say, "train" "tunnel" and "chugga chugga choo choo!" Ok, so it more sounds like, "tain" "nunnnel" and "ugga choooooo!" but we know what he means. Awwww, my little snickerfritze, he is the cat's pajamas!


4 comments:

  1. Looks like you got the perfect train table. Yay, Craigslist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack is going all Veruca Salt on me. Off to find a train set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The table is perfect and the train set is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how perfect that table is! Amazing and perfect price!

    ReplyDelete