Thursday, November 12, 2009

Veteran's Day Parade

Jack rocking out his new Star Wars shirt at Laura's.

Yesterday was Veteran's Day so I decided that I wanted to take Jack downtown to the big parade and show our respect and appreciation to past and present soldiers of America. Call me corny, but I love being patriotic and I love that this town is so American!

We started our morning off by meeting Laura and the cousins at the library for Story Time. Unfortunatly, all of the kids were in vicious moods, so we decided to leave early. Laura took her little angels home and I made Jack walk downtown to where the parade route was. Nothing says family fun like forcing your kid to stand in the rain to watch a parade. My parents did it to me as I was growing up, and by-golly I'm going to do it to mine! I let Jack decide where we were going to sit, which he chose the spot furthest from where we parked and full of people. There were hundreds and hundreds of spectators. Everyone was waving flags and it felt very 1954. I felt sorry for the veterans though, as Jack stole the spotlight. EVERYONE kept walking up to him and telling him how handsome and cute he was. Soldiers kept joking about recruiting such a strong lad. Of course I just stood there and giggled because, well, they were some good looking soldiers! About mid-way through the parade, Jack decided he was cold, tired of being rained on, and sick of people getting in his face to tell him how adorable he was, so he grabbed my hand and led me back to the car. How on earth did he know where we parked? It was incredible! As we walked the 3/4 mile to the car, people would stop him to say hello and he just kept on marching. Because it was so crowded at the parade, I didn't get many pictures. But it was a lot of fun and we will be doing it again next year.






After the parade Jack took his nap and then we headed over to Laura's for a play date. Pippa fell asleep on me for about an hour and a half and I was in heaven! Not only is she like, the 2nd best cuddler ever (Jack being #1), but she was so warm! I just sat there rubbing her back while she slept. Almost made me want to have another kid and then Jack and Will got into a screaming match and I decided to never have children again.



1 comment:

  1. Making that poor, delicate lad watch a parade in the rain! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete