


Hi! Remember me? The mom that used to blog about her tot, Jack? Yeah, I know I've been away for too long. My mother reminds me daily on the phone to post new pics of Jack. Between being busy with my daycare "business" and being horribly sick for a week, along with everything else life throws at me, I just haven't had the time. But you are in luck! I have taken pictures daily of Jack so I remember to tell you all about his adventures. I don't have any daycare kids until Wednesday, so I have several days to play catch up with the blog. According to my poll, I had 14 of you that are daily followers, so how can I disappoint Jack's fans?
Before I get into Jack news, I have some Kevin updates. The first one is that Kevin got a new job! It's at a place called Xpress Printing where he will be the Graphics Services Supervisor. I have no idea what it means, but it has a lot of nice extra perks to it. Although his job at Gusto! Magazine has been enjoyable, the company is coming to a point where we feel they are going to go bankrupt and he will be out of work. So, for months he's been looking for a new job everywhere from Washington to Nevada and all of Oregon. Luckily this new job is still in Oregon in a city called Sisters. It's about a 25 minute drive so he'll be commuting to work.

The next Kevin update was he got into a car accident... excuse me, Kevin would like to interject that it was a "vehicular incident" with my truck. It's actually a really funny story since no one died or got hurt. Ok, so Kevin was on his way home for lunch from work when he was stopped at a red light. To his right were two cops that had pulled over a car that was speeding. Kevin was looking ahead as he was waiting patiently and then BAM! The car behind him hit him a full force! Looks like the guy was rubber necking and watching the cops instead of the road. And by "guy" I mean the 17 year old high school boy with his 4 friends in the car. If you're going to get rear ended, it's always nice when you have two cops for witnesses. Anyway, I have a massive hitch on the back of my truck, so what happened is when they hit the truck, Kevin slammed on the breaks which made the truck stop and the kid's car crumbled into the hitch! We don't even have a scratch on the truck while the kid's car is totaled! No one was hurt, luckily. Upon returning to work, Kevin finds out one of the passengers in the other vehicle is the son of his co-worker! The cops had to call the kid's mom and all of that stuff. My heart goes out to the kid... I'm sure he's grounded until he is 49. Luckily everyone is okay, but most importantly, that my truck wasn't damaged. I can always get a new Kevin, but I can't get a new 2002 Toyota Tacoma Pre Runner Special Edition as easily. (kidding!)
Daycare is going just fine with the kids. We are all on a nice routine and Jack truly enjoys the company. Luckily I didn't have the other kids for 5 days because Jack and I ended up getting horribly sick. I mean, it was SUPER horrible! We just stayed in bed and didn't go anywhere. We had to miss Story Time at the library, no play dates with his cousins... I couldn't run errands. It just wiped us out. We weren't throwing up, but it was like this crazy head cold. The runny nose, coughing, sore throat... I mean, it sounds like nothing but I can't even describe to you how bad it was. Today is the first day I feel mostly better. Still have the runny nose, but other then that we are doing great!
Here's another fun story for you! Last week while I was making dinner, I was sitting on the phone leaving a voicemail for Laura. Since I wasn't looking at the stove (by the way, the entire kitchen is gated off so don't worry about Jack) and was too busy blabbing on her answering machine, I didn't notice the stove top caught on fire. I smelled something funny and when I turned around there were flames the size of toddlers!!!!! So on the phone I say, "so anyway, Laura, OMG MY KITCHEN IS ON FIRE I HAVE TO GO I'LL CALL YOU BACK" and I scream for Kevin. He comes in and I run out of the kitchen to get the camera to take a picture of the kitchen fire I started, but by the time I got back, he had already put it out! I mean, doesn't that man know a good photo op when he sees one? Here is a photo of the destroyed burner though. Oh, and I've been banned from cooking on the stove unless I have adult supervision.

One thing we like to do as a family is BBQ. Kevin is the BBQ King. I've never met a man who could make a veggie burger taste like angel kisses. So, for the past few weeks we've been barbecuing numerous times a week. Oh... that was until today when we woke up and saw several inches of snow outside! Yeah, I am not a happy camper. If you could see me right now, you would see me frowning.
This is what my backyard looks like at the moment:




Whoa! That was a great post! You are such a good writer, Chrissy. You should really try submitting stuff. You know, be a freelance writer. You could do it!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you didn't have to replace your 4 Runner, small towns are great for knowing someone involved in a vehicular incident. Can't wait to see you. Oh and what are your costumes? Is it something we could sew while you are here? Let me know, I am sure Jack would love to help me sew!
ReplyDeleteThe head cold/kiss of death thing went through our house too... I guess it's going around!
ReplyDelete