
The day before last, Jack, Kevin, and I decided it was time to carve our pumpkins. Since Jack isn't to savvy with a knife, Laura gave me the idea to just give a bunch of markers to him and let him go at it with coloring. As you can see from the photos, he put a lot of thought into his masterpiece. Afterwards, Kevin and I each carved our own pumpkins. Naturally, I went for the traditional Reese Cat. It's been my signature pumpkin design since '82. Sadly, it looks the same every year and never improves. That's ok though, I've accepted I'm unique.
Afterwards Kevin toasted the seeds for us. He's a far better cook then I am, and since I recently set not only the stove on fire (twice), but the oven as well last week, we decided it's best if he does some of the cooking. The seeds came out perfectly! We ate them in one sitting and Jack was all about them.
Jack's Halloween costume arrived! GrAuntie Michele made it from scratch. She's the best seamstress I know in the world! You don't get to see it though until Halloween as I always like it to be a surprise... Unless you are a Reese, then you already know what it is. Still, it fits perfectly on him and he loves wearing it, including the hat! The other day he pulled the hat out and sat on the couch with just a diaper on (he's still going through the take-off-all-his-clothes-stage) and the hat while watching a movie. Nothing says "I'm a man" like hanging out in your underwear and a hat watching TV.




Right handed or left? He seems to go back and forth still... We just let him decide what's most comfortable (thanks to the good advice from GrAuntie Michele who is a lefty!)




I love your pumpkins! Including the one shaped like a tot.
ReplyDelete