Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cousin Fun!



Jack absolutely loves his cousins. The other week Laura and the kids met us at "The Magic Park" as Pippa likes to call it. The kids were pretty good and had a wonderful time chasing each other and going down the extra big slides. After we were done, we walked Laura to her car so we could help get her kids buckled in... at least that was the plan until Jack dropped my hand and ran into a pond/marsh up to his knees in water! I had no time to take off my new Steve Madden shoes and roll up my pants so I dashed right into the marsh after him. Jack was laughing while I was screaming words a toddler should never hear their mother say. Once I dragged him out (seriously, I had to drag that boy because he went limp noodle on me and decided not to cooperate) he laughed and thought it was soooo funny... as did everyone else around us. I just scowled at all the onlookers and said farewell to Laura. Once we got in the car, I couldn't even talk to him I was so fumed! I mean, what was that boy thinking!? Aside from that little experience, it was a nice day at the park.

Today Jack told me, "I need a drink", "Go away!" and "No, I do it!" Mr. Independent as you can see. He loves to help me put the dishes away and "fold" laundry. He loves to express himself and is just so wonderful to have him for my tot. This week he has his playmates Tuesday - Friday, and then we are off to Reno on Saturday!

Here are the park pics!




William strutting!




Look closely and you'll see that Jack decided to climb this wheel without adult supervision. So like any good mother, I took a picture and then rescued him.




Look at Oliver!!!! He's such a butterball!!!! As my Aunt Linda would say, "His mom must be feeding him pure cream!"



4 comments:

  1. He is all boy! What fun! I can't wait to see him again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That crazy boy!!! Are your Steve Madden's ruined? I hope not. Jack is getting so tall and thin! That's not to say he was fat before... at all. Oh... you know what I mean! His face is really changing. :) I can't wait to see him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how much Jack and Will have grown in two months. They are such little scamps! Oliver is practically a tot already. And Pippa is our princess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They have to be the best looking kids in Bend.

    ReplyDelete