Old Guy: Whoe! That's one big baby!
Me: Yup
Old Guy: How much does he weigh?
Me: 26 pounds.
Old Guy: Whoe! That's big!
Me: Yup.
Old Guy: How old is he?
Me: 10 months
Now here's where the conversation really irritated me:
Old Guy: Well that's not healthy to have a baby that big.
At this point I thought to myself, "Are you a doctor? Did you go to school for 8 years and know anything about babies? Because from the look of your nasty clothes and beer gut, I don't think you are."
Of course, I didn't say that.
Me: The doctor says he is proportionate to his height so he's fine.
Old Guy: Oh! Well how many times does he wake up during the night? Twice?
Me: Huh?
Old Guy: To be that big he must be hungry.
Me: Oh. Once.
At this point, I didn't want to explain to a stranger (emphasize strange) that my child doesn't eat at night, so I just said whatever to shut him up. And you would think after every answer I give and then I would turn away would be a hint, but some people don't get the obvious. After that, he continued on how I should use a baby back pack so I don't hurt my back. I just ignored him until I checked out. I did, however, cary my mace out to the car.

Hello, it's Bend. Everyone is friendly here. And your baby just happens to be big. Whatcha gonna do?
ReplyDeleteChrissy you crack me up. I'm surprised you didn't say something worse....I would have.
ReplyDeleteI guess that guy was lucky I wasn't around, cause I would have told him to shut his face.
ReplyDeleteI'm with you Kevin, if I were there, he would have met Grandma Bubba and I would have kicked his old ass!!!......Just kidding, but I would have shut him up quickly I am sure, show me who he is and I will handle it!
ReplyDeleteWhat makes people think that they have the right to say anything other than, "What an adorable baby"?
ReplyDeleteG.G.