Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sick SoccerTot


Today Jack had SoccerTots with Kevin. The boys dropped me off at my running class since it was snowing pretty bad today, and then they were off to the arena. Kevin states they arrived at the soccer arena and Coach Renee said hi to Jack and gave him a steering wheel to practice racing like a car. Jack threw the steering wheel at the coach, then threw himself on the floor and had a tantrum. Throughout practice, Jack was coughing and crying, and not participating in the games. I feel bad for forcing them to go, and I should have let him stay home sick like Kevin suggested. So after leaving soccer early, Kevin took him on a nice drive until it was time to pick me up from running practice.

Running today was a lot of fun. Laura and I stuck together and I feel like I made a lot of progress today. It was snowing and freezing, and our throats hurt so badly, but it was still a lot of fun to get out there! We received awesome goody bags with $40 sunglasses, a running shirt (not a t-shirt, but one of those nice nylon running tops that real runners wear!) running socks, and an ADIDAS hat. Seriously, I could sell all of it on eBay and make a nice little profit! But I'm not going to, because I like my new running gear!

Jack's cough has worsened, so I'm going to see how he feels Monday and I may just take him to the doctor. He's so tired and a complete grouch. I haven't slept in two days because I've been up with him while he cries and cuddles. I love the cuddles though, so I shouldn't complain too much.

Tomorrow is the Super Bowl. Kevin bought ribs, beer, and bunch of other boy things for the big game. I have no interest in watching it, so I think I'll go run errands or do laundry. Jack loves football, so I'm sure the two of them will be occupied for hours while I get some quiet time to myself. Maybe I'll take a nap instead! Ooooh!

3 comments:

  1. I am so overwhelmed. I get on your blog and there are a million amazing pictures of Jack, and have the time I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. Seriously, this is the best blog on the net.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that Jack is still sick, but thrilled that you are enjoying your running class. It feels so good to get moving, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Football is so over-rated. Last year I tivo'd the superbowl just so I could fast forward through the game to watch the commercials. Superbowl Sunday is by far the best day all year for traffic and getting things done around town! I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete