
Well, around 5pm we arrived at Nick and Laura's to go trick-or-treating with Pippa, William, and Oliver. Pip went as Cinderella, William as Prince Charming, and Oliver was the cutest darn pirate I have ever seen! Nick had put so many layers under Oliver's coat that he couldn't put his arms down! It was so funny! But all of the kids' costumes were fantastic! Aunt J arrived at their house and we met up with Pippa's friend Chloe to hit some houses.
Jack really enjoyed knocking on doors. He really could care less, though, about the candy. He just was in it for the knocking. And I forget how smart Pippa is sometimes. I went to the door with them and helped knock on the door and screamed, "It's the po-po!" After that, Pippa and Chloe would knock on the doors saying it was the po-po! I must be more careful when I'm around the kids. They are like little sponges!
After about 10 houses we headed home while Pippa and the gang continued on. Jack LOVES to pass out candy to the trick-or-treaters. We had a ton of kids this year. We bought small candy for the regular kids and full size candy bars for the really adorable toddlers. The only big kids that got a full size candy bars were these two 10 year old boys who were so sweet to Jack. They asked him for high fives and fist bumps. They told him how great his Buzz costume was. It was so nice to see kids like that be kind to Jack. So I hooked them up with the good stuff as a thank you. I think they about passed out when they saw the candy bars.
There were a few kids that really ticked me off. Ones that would try to grab the candy, ones that wouldn't say trick-or-treat (unless they were 3 or younger), and the three groups of girls who were obviously over 16 and dressed like hookers. Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE a good hooker costume as much as the next gal, but if you are old enough to have a job, then you are too old to be trick-or-treating. Jack didn't seem to mind though. He loved the ladies and flirted with all of them.
At around 7:45pm we ran out of candy. We had bought $30 worth so I was done for the night. I'd say we had 100+ kids which is a good amount. I wish I had taken a photo of this girl who was Alice and her brother was The Mad Hatter. Their costumes were hand made and I have to say, I have never seen such beautiful work before. It looked like movie quality costumes. I was blown away! I even made Kevin come over to see the craftsmanship. They totally got full size candy bars for cuteness and politeness.
The moms loved receiving goodie bags. They didn't even care what was inside, just having something made them so happy. They were all so grateful! I couldn't believe how happy they all were! Here's hoping I book a party or get an order!




















You make one sexy dinosaur lady.
ReplyDeleteAnd the tike's cute too ")
We had a buzz with us this year as well and his baby brother was Woody.