
So, for the past year I've been complaining about my 41 pound weight gain since getting pregnant with Jack. I started at 102 and now I am 143. My clothes don't fit, going to clubs with my friends in Reno is embarrassing because I look like a hippo in a sexy dress, and Jack pokes my fat all the time and giggles at it. Not to mention the super rad stretch marks I now have the resemble flame tattoos.
So, tonight Kevin and I went shopping at the market together. We made a massive grocery list full of healthy stuff, most of which I've never even heard of. 2nd-half cousin Stefanie Tam (Lynette's daughter) bought me this great new cookbook called Deceptively Delicious that has all of these really neat recipes. Jack was an angel at the market which is a huge change for him because normally he's a terror. He has this new Vtech Smile video game that teaches him letters and spelling so he just played with that the entire time in the cart. I'm not a huge fan of letting Jack play video games but for a 2.5 hour trip to Fred Meyer, I am willing to compromise.
Well, we didn't buy any soda. No chips, no frozen pizza. No pies. No cakes. No cookies. ALL healthy stuff. Can I just say I would sell my first born for a Dominos olive and mushroom pizza, large McDonald's fries drenched in catsup, a 2L Dr. Pepper, and a side of soft serve chocolate ice cream? Ok, so maybe not my first born, but I have a lot of eggs and am willing to sell them for all of that. Ugh, why does losing weight have to be so depressing?
In other news, Jack has big plans this week. He has two play dates and his first soccer practice starts on Thursday. Then I'm off to Reno for the weekend for a crazy bachelorette party. 2nd-half cousin Lindsay Kent (Valerie's daughter) bought me a FABULOUS dress for the party that definitely helps hide my love handles. And the only thing that loves my love handles right now is MacGyver. =(
So, I am now off to get a good night's sleep. Apparently I have to go to bed at a decent hour and wake up by 7am in order to keep my body on some sort of happy cycle. If I could have it my way, I'd be eating all sorts of naughty food watching Stargate SG-1 until 3am. Hmph!
Good job Chis and Kevin. If it works let me know, cause this weight is not coming off and I'm getting grumpy too.
ReplyDeleteYou misspelled ketchup.
ReplyDeleteIt can be spelled multiple ways. Look into getting a dictionary.
ReplyDelete