
Jack helped me make butterscotch cookies from scratch this week.

Well, SoccerTots has started. Jack had his third class last night. Day 1 of SoccerTots was, well, not what we expected. The past two seasons it has been parent participation but now that he's moved up to the Cubbies class, there are two coaches out there with the kids and no parents allowed. I just knew if Kevin and I weren't out there protecting the children from Jack's wrath there would be a lot of crying kids. And I knew he wouldn't listen to his coaches telling him what to do.
Well, I was only partially right. Jack listened to his coaches REALLY well. He participated in all of the activities and loved it! It also helps his coaches are really hot and as we all know, Jack is a bit of a womanizer. Day one of soccer though consisted of Jack knocking over six kids and pegging one of them in the face with a ball. Trust me, this was a good day for Mr. Jack.
Week two of soccer went so much better. Although he didn't listen as well as week one, he didn't harm as many kids. He actually only knocked one kid over. All it took was for his coach to stick him in the naughty spot and he straightened up real fast.
Last night though went awesome! No one got hurt (well, at least not by the hands of my child this time). Jack was a bit on the "helpful" side. He didn't really want to participate in the games. He wanted to be right next to his coaches helping them give directions and pass out supplies. They handle him really well though and got him to focus and participate with the other kids. I am really impressed by his coaches' patience and actually getting him to listen. After every class I just beam with pride and it's obvious Jack loves soccer.

In other news, Kevin was on his way to work in the Jeep and got t-boned by a deer. He's not hurt, just shaken up. Oh! And the deer survived! The Jeep however, well, she ended up losing her front side panel and the driver's door barely opens. The alignment is also all screwed up. My insurance company though was AMAZING. I've had Farmers for the past 4 years and will never go anywhere else. My agent took care of everything and the Jeep is in the shop being repaired. My deductible is only $120 so luckily this minor accident isn't costing us an arm and a leg. The only inconvenience is Kevin has to ride his motorcycle to work now and it's pretty cold for a 45 minute ride on the bike. He doesn't complain though.
So, I'm no longer babysitting again. I know, I know, I did it for like, three weeks and now it's over. Long story short, it just wasn't working for me. Now I'm back to looking for a part-time job. If I knew how to brew a decent cup of coffee I'd try and get a job at Starbucks. However, all of those people who come in asking for non-fat-fancy-soy drinks would just confuse me. I can handle crazy tenants on meth but coffee? No thank you.
Jack and I will be going over to Aunt Laura's this afternoon. I will bring the camera and take loads of pictures of all the kids. For now, here is a random picture of a cat dressed as a penguin.

Bad parenting basically. I've let him watch shows with violence and I don't discipline him enough. It's gotten a lot better now that I've cracked down on him.
ReplyDeleteBe tough on him, it will be to his benefit in the long run. Especially make sure you're tough while you're still bigger than him!
ReplyDelete